Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Divya Mehta <dm...@redhat.com> on 2014/02/28 21:17:51 UTC

Solr Cloud: Explain Plan not working

Hello,

We have recently moved to Solr cloud in our application, but we still do have single solr instance which we use for testing purposes.
We already had explain plan working in single instance, now after moving to solr cloud it does not show any explanation field in its response.

Thsi is how we ask for explain output in our SolrQuery, as

        SolrQuery sq = new SolrQuery();

        if (args.getExplain()) {
            sq.setParam(CommonParams.DEBUG_QUERY, true);
            sq.addField("explanation:[explain style=text]");
        }

As per my understanding, there should not be any difference the way solr handles query in cloud or in a single instance.

Can anybody help me if there is some other configuration that I need to add in.

Thanks,
Divya