Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/02 20:16:35 UTC

Re: Commit and Review (was "Is Lucene Java trunk still stable for production code?")

I don't think anyone followed-up on this.  I think I prefer our current approach, where contributors provide patches, everyone is free to review and comment on them, and commiters finally commit it.  Feels a bit slower than commit first, review second, but I think that makes it easier to control the quality of the code that goes in.  There seems to be enough momentum/active developers that even with the current patch first approach we could release more often.

Otis