Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Slemp, Douglas, J (Doug)" <sl...@att.com> on 2001/05/15 18:43:36 UTC

SQL questions

I'm starting to get into SQL and I have a few questions if anyone out there
can answer them for me:

1)Is there any WWW site that gives tutorials and/or examples of using SQL
and Java?
  (I'm really looking for good examples on using java.sql to makes JDBC
calles to a SQL server on both NT and Solaris)

2)Does anyone have knowledge or have a WWW site that gives usage examples
for running mySQL and Java?

I think this about sumes it up for now...thanks

Doug

Re: SQL questions

Posted by "John Clark L. Naldoza" <nj...@ntsp.nec.co.jp>.
For SQL tutorials...

Go to this page: http://www.sqlcourse.com/

For MySQL related info

Go to this page: http://www.mysql.com/

For JDBC

Check your documentation and your database driver's specs...;-)

If you want to access an SQL server, you either have to get the JDBC
driver for that database or use JDBC-ODBC ..;-)

HTH

Cheers,

John Clark

--
     /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
    / )    Software Design Engineer II                       ( \

RE: SQL questions

Posted by George McKInney <ge...@tantalus.com>.