Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by P Sreenivasa Rao <ps...@cmcltd.com> on 2001/11/30 01:15:07 UTC

Abstarct method error

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOM2Writer.print(DOM2Writer.java:139)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOM2Writer.serializeAsXML(DOM2Writer.java:98
)
        at org.apache.soap.Utils.marshallNode(Utils.java:109)
        at org.apache.soap.encoding.literalxml.XMLParameterSerializer.marshall(X
MLParameterSerializer.java:109)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.serializeParams(RPCMessage.java:333)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.marshall(RPCMessage.java:307)
        at org.apache.soap.Body.marshall(Body.java:145)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.marshall(Envelope.java:195)
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:246)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)
        at samples.addressbook.GetAccountBalanceElement.main(GetAccountBalanceEl
ement.java:127)

what could be the culprit?I'm using Tomcat3.2.2 ans Apache soap toolkit...

TIA,
Sreenivas

Re: Abstarct method error

Posted by P Sreenivasa Rao <ps...@cmcltd.com>.
Hi Csilla,
Thank you for immediate reply.I'll get back to you.
Have a nice time,

regards,
Sreenivas
  Once I had a similar problem with WSTK. It was a classpath problem, because there was some jar files (e.g. xerces.jar) in the %javahome%\jre\lib\ext directory. I renamed this directory (aext) and it resolved the conflict.

  I hope, this will help you,
  Csilla

Re: Abstarct method error

Re: Abstarct method error