Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bavo De Ridder <ba...@life.be> on 2000/11/08 21:19:14 UTC

ImapProcessor

Hi,

I wanted to read my email from a webpage or using WAP on my Nokia
cellphone.

I made a small ImapProcessor, it is not fully functional, currently it
just contains the functionality I needed.

I have put the code on my website:

http://www.life.be/~bavo/projects/gpl/cocoon/imapprocessor.tgz

I would like to hear the opinion of the cocoon developers on this code.

Some XML samples (heavily based on the LDAP XML):

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="imap"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="folderlist.html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<imap>

<imap-defs>
  <imap-server name="my_imap">
    <imap-serverurl>imap://user:secret@host.name.com</imap-serverurl>
    <imap-root>mail</imap-root>
  </imap-server>
</imap-defs>

<imap-folderlist server="my_imap" />

</imap>

I also made a more generic util class to deal with {@var}
constructs. Everything in the XML, including attributes can contain such
variables.

Since I wanted to have a version up and running, I haven't made special
attention to the XML schema's or constructs.

This is an area I would like input from you, if possible ...

Before I forget, let my congratulate you with the great work on cocoon, I
would love to contribute more in the future. Cocoon is one of those
projects that keeps surprising me in its power and ease of use.

Keep up the work !!!!

--
Bavo De Ridder

Developer
VA Linux Professional Services Europe
Interleuvenlaan 15A
3001 Haasrode
Belgium
tel.  +32  16 20 89 61
fax.  +32  16 20 79 73
gsm.  +32 476 24 58 36

Re: ImapProcessor

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Bavo De Ridder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to read my email from a webpage or using WAP on my Nokia
> cellphone.
>
> I made a small ImapProcessor, it is not fully functional, currently it
> just contains the functionality I needed.

it looks fun, but you might want to check out the mail logicsheet and
samples in the latest cvs. writing processors to do server-side tag
expansion is not a design pattern we recommend, we think the xsp
logicsheet method is superior - and we'd sure love to have extra hands
working on the mail logicsheet!

- donald