Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <hi...@apache.org> on 2009/07/13 20:34:06 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache IvyDE 2.0.0-final released

July 13, 2009 - The IvyDE project is pleased to announce its 2.0.0-
final release.
This is the first release considered as stable since the project as
been hosted
by the Apache Software Foundation.

IvyDE is the plugin which integrate Ivy into Eclipse. It lets you
manage your
dependencies declared in an ivy.xml in your Java Eclipse projects.
IvyDE will
contribute to the classpath of your Java project or you can make it
retrieve your
dependencies directly into your project. Last but not least IvyDE
offer editors
of ivy.xml and ivysettings.xml files with completion. Get some preview
here:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/screenshots.html

Major changes in this release:
* The "resolve in workspace" feature (make IvyDE search for Ivy
dependencies
directly into the Eclipse projects) has been introduced in the last
release
but was quite experimental. It has been refactored to be more reliable
and
have been reported to be working like a charm by some of the IvyDE
early users.
* The IvyDE user documentation is now available directly into the
Eclipse help center.
* IvyDE can now load property files along with the Ivy settings.

We encourage all users of IvyDE to update to this new version.

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE

Download the 2.0.0-final release at:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi

Or use directly the Eclipse updatesite:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite

More information can be found on the IvyDE website:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/

Regards,
Nicolas Lalevée

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache IvyDE 2.0.0-final released

Posted by Paul Grenyer <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> Yes. You can use "project:///" as a prefix for relative ivy settings files.
>
> If you hover your mouse over the "Ivy settings path" text box, it illustrates this.

Thanks! Works like a charm!

--
Thanks
Paul

Paul Grenyer
e: paul.grenyer@gmail.com
w: http://www.marauder-consulting.co.uk
b: paulgrenyer.blogspot.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache IvyDE 2.0.0-final released

Posted by Jeffrey Sinclair <je...@cooljeff.co.uk>.
> However, is there a way to specify a file relative to the project,
> rather than an absolute path?

Yes. You can use "project:///" as a prefix for relative ivy settings files.

If you hover your mouse over the "Ivy settings path" text box, it illustrates this.

Jeff

Posted by Paul Grenyer <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 18 juil. 09 à 13:56, Paul Grenyer a écrit :

> Hi
>
> 2009/7/13 Nicolas Lalevée <hi...@apache.org>:
>> July 13, 2009 - The IvyDE project is pleased to announce its 2.0.0-
>> final
>> release.
>
> This is great news! I've updated all seems to work nicely. I've been
> using Ivy and IvyDE at home and at work for a few weeks now and love
> them both....
>
>> Major changes in this release:
>> * The "resolve in workspace" feature (make IvyDE search for Ivy
>> dependencies
>> directly into the Eclipse projects) has been introduced in the last
>> release
>> but was quite experimental. It has been refactored to be more
>> reliable and
>> have been reported to be working like a charm by some of the IvyDE
>> early
>> users.
>
> I'll be honest and say I've not tried it in the new version properly
> yet, but does it resolve on save of ivy.xml more reliably now? Was a
> bit hit and miss before.

I don' t remember seeing or hearing about that kind of bugs. So I
don't know.

>> * IvyDE can now load property files along with the Ivy settings.
>
> Is it possible to configure IvyDE to use a local settings file, rather
> than a just a global (Eclipse) one? This would really help and I'm
> prepared to make the changes myself if I can get it to build!

It has always been possible to do this, see the 4th screenshot:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/cpc/create.html

Nicolas

Posted by Paul Grenyer <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:08:35 -0700, Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nicolas, thanks for your detailed response. Few quick follow-up
> questions...
>
> What is IvyDE's repository? Or maybe I should ask, where is it? Or should
> even care?
>
> I know it's easy enough for me to verify this myself, but sometimes I
> don't
> trust my own eyes. Am I correct in supposing that the superlibrary
project
> would have to be open in Eclipse for the workspace resolve to work?

yes.

Technically (regarding the Java API of Ivy used by IvyDE), there is no
repository, just a resolver. But we can make the analogy. The repository of
IvyDE would be the set of opened Java project in your Eclipse workspace
which have an IvyDE classpath container configured (only having an ivy.xml
file is not sufficient).

Nicolas

Posted by Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas, thanks for your detailed response. Few quick follow-up questions...

What is IvyDE's repository? Or maybe I should ask, where is it? Or should I

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Is the "Resolve in workspace" feature intended to provide an alternative to

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 18 juil. 09 à 15:47, Paul Grenyer a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I'm having build problems having checked out the trunk:
>
> C:\IvyDE>ant build -DbaseLocation="C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse"
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> check-baseLocation:
>
> list-installed-ivy:
>     [echo] The Ivy installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\eclipse:
> C:\Program Files
> (x86)\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ivy_2.1.0.cr1_20090319213629.jar
>
> check-ivy-installed:
>
> eclipse-startup-check:
>
> eclipse-startup-classpath:
>
> eclipse-launcher-classpath:
>
> eclipse-classpath:
>     [echo] Using equinox launcher jar: C:\Program Files
> (x86)\eclipse\plugins
> \org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar
>
> compute-version:
>     [echo] Building version 2.0.1.200907181443-dev
>
> build:
>
> BUILD FAILED
> C:\IvyDE\build.xml:130: Java returned: 13

This is probably eclipse failing to build for some reason. To have
more info add -Declipse.consoleLog=true to your build command line.

Nicolas