Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Hernan Saez Saez <hs...@ta.telecom.com.ar> on 2013/09/11 22:30:48 UTC

Enable SSL doesn´t work

Hi, My name is Hernan Saez Saez. I am tried enable SSL on ApacheDS.
I followed your steps on http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/3.3-enabling-ssl.html but the process fails.

My environment.
apacheds-2.0.0-M12 running into HP-UX box. (java version "1.6.0.09")
Apache Directory Studio Version: 2.0.0.v20130628 running into my PC with WinXP (java version "1.6.0_20")

These are my steps.

1.       I created a keystore as show bellow, and copied the keystore on conf directory.

keytool -genkey -keyalg "RSA" -dname "cn=test_ssl, ou=ApacheDS, o=ASF, c=US" -alias test_ssl -keystore test_ssl.ks -storepass secret -validity 730

2.       I copied the same keysotore on my pc, then I launched the Apache Directory Studio in my pc. Then tried to config a new certificate, but it fails when I saved the operation.

An error windows appeared, it has "Problem occurred" as title, and it shows the following Details:

Unable to save configuration.
- Changes could not be saved to the connection.
java.lang.Exception: Changes could not be saved to the connection.
               at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.editor.ServerConfigurationEditorUtils.saveConfiguration(ServerConfigurationEditorUtils.java:374)
               at org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.SaveConfigurationRunnable.run(SaveConfigurationRunnable.java:118)
               at org.apache.directory.studio.common.core.jobs.StudioJob.run(StudioJob.java:83)
               at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Changes could not be saved to the connection.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,
Hernan

AVISO LEGAL:
Esta informacion es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario original de este mensaje y por este medio pudo acceder a dicha información por favor elimine el mensaje. La distribución o copia de este mensaje está estrictamente prohibida. Excepto que se haya establecido de otra forma, esta comunicación es sólo para propósitos de información y no debe ser considerada como propuesta, aceptación ni como una declaración de voluntad oficial de TELECOM ARGENTINA S.A. . La transmisión de e-mails no garantiza que el correo electrónico sea seguro o libre de error. Por consiguiente, no manifestamos que esta información sea completa o precisa. Toda información está sujeta a alterarse sin previo aviso.

This information is private and confidential and intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise stated, this communication is for information purposes only and shall not be regarded neither as a proposal, acceptance nor as a statement of will or official statement from TELECOM ARGENTINA S.A. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.

Re: Enable SSL doesn´t work

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Hernan,

Could you give us the content of your Modifications Log (in the "Modifications Logs" view of the "LDAP Browser" perspective)?

This would allow us to see what modification failed when pushing the new configuration to the server.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud