Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by krish mohan <kr...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/31 09:20:52 UTC

Migration to Lucene 6.x

Hi
   I'm using Lucene 4.10.4. QueryParser in LUCENE_30 forms phrase query for
input with special characers ($,/,-,...)

   For eg:
         For input *google-chrome-stable*, query formed as "google chrome
stable".

     Using QueryParser(Version matchVersion, String f, Analyzer a)
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/3_0_3/api/core/org/apache/lucene/util/Version.html>
,
I pass the version as  LUCENE_30 and achieved this behavior.

        But in Lucene 6.x this constructor is removed. Is there any way to
achieve this in Lucene 6.x ?

Re: Migration to Lucene 6.x

Posted by krish mohan <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi
In Lucene 3.x, for search word with special characters, phrase query is
formed.

For eg:
         For input *google-chrome-stable*, query formed as "google chrome
stable". But in Lucene 6.x, I can't achieve this. Is there any way to
achieve it?

Re: Migration to Lucene 6.x

Posted by krish mohan <kr...@gmail.com>.
Correction in link. QueryParser(Version matchVersion, String f, Analyzer a)
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/3_0_3/api/core/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.html#QueryParser(org.apache.lucene.util.Version,
java.lang.String, org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer)>