Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com> on 2001/02/08 00:34:52 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Tomcat 3.2.2 Release Plan

We have collected quite a few good bug fixes on the tomcat_32 branch since
the release of Tomcat 3.2.1.  I propose that we make a public release of the
tomcat_32 branch as Tomcat 3.2.2.  A proposed release plan can be found at

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/Attic/R
ELEASE-PLAN-3.2.2?rev=1.1.2.1

I am volunteering to be the release manager for Tomcat 3.2.2, unless someone
else really wants to do it.

The goal for this release is not to fix every known problem in Tomcat 3.2.1
but to make the current set of fixes publicly available.  It would be great
if everything could get fixed but in the interest of timely bug fixes for
users with production systems I think we need to get what we have out there.
Once 3.2.2 is finalized, development can continue to fix additional bugs and
subsequent 3.2.x release can be made as needed.

Please review and comment on the proposed release plan.  I will call release
plan vote in the near future.

I will be able to build and test the native code for the ISAPI redirector
but I will need others to build/test the other native components and supply
them to me for inclusion into the release.  I will be able to test on
WinNT/200 and probably Win9x platforms but I would appreciate test reports
from other developers about the status of the other supported platforms.

RE: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 3.2.2 Release Plan

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Craig,

The help you've offerred is greatly appreciated, and I'll take it as a +1.
I expect I'll have a few questions along the way, but the stuff you sent me
earlier about building the distrobutions was already a big help.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Yes, but for some reason (probably a repressed memory from some former life)

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net>.

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
How about the following:

Any bug introduced by a code change since Tomcat 3.2.1 was released MUST
be fixed.  If it worked in 3.2.1 it will work in 3.2.2.

All Bugzilla items opened against "Tocmat 3" must be marked as RESOLVED.
Those items that are not going to be fixed in Tomcat 3.2.2 will be given
a resolution of LATER.  After Tomcat 3.2.2 is released items marked LATER
will be re-opened and may then be addressed in a future release.

I am currently reviewing all open Bugzilla items and I've found several
things have have been fixed but the BugRat/Bugzilla report has not been
updated.  I would greatly appreciate it if any committer who has made
changes to the tomcat_32 branch in the last several months would make sure
that the bugs they have fixed are marked appropriately.

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.