Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Meeiling.Bradley" <Me...@target.com> on 2018/03/07 11:38:25 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Mirror Maker configuration

I would use an absolute file path to property files when starting a mirror maker for --consumer.config and --producer.config to point to property files. I would also name the property files according to what would be used for, for example, I would prefix mirro maker property files with 'mm'.  Here is an example how I run mirror maker,

sh <location-of-installed-confluent-kafka>/kafka-mirror-maker --consumer.config <location-of-confluent-kafka-config-directory>/mm_consumer.properties --producer.config <location-of-confluent-kafka-config-directory>/mm_producer.properties --whitelist=topic1|topic2

Meeiling

On 3/7/18, 5:11 AM, "Maria Pilar" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

    hi everyone

    I´m using mirror maker tool and i´m configuring the consumer.properties and
    producer.properties, but i´m not sure which is the place where i need to
    put these files.

    Because mirrormaker tool is installed into the server with kafka manager,
    and they are two brokers configured as well

    I think that i need to put the files into the brokers /config folder
    can anybody help me please?

    Thanks

Re: [EXTERNAL] Mirror Maker configuration

Posted by Maria Pilar <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I´m not using confluent and I´m working with kafka. I have renamed the
properties files with my pattern.

But my question is, i have two brokers each broker can have our own
configuration file for consumer.properties. Because when you execute the
command you can put the number of consumer.properties that brokers you
have.
Example

   1. bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.MirrorMaker --consumer.config
   sourceCluster1Consumer.config --consumer.config sourceCluster2Consumer.
   config --num.streams 2 --producer.config targetClusterProducer.config --
   whitelist=".*"

So i want that the connection takes the .properties files from each broker
configuration. I have two options:

1) /path/MirrorMaker/<create a config folder>rename my files
sourceCluster1Consumer.config and sourceCluster2Consumer.config
2) use the path from my broker cluster, but i don´t know if that option is
possible. That is my question.

Thanks Maria