Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Madhav Sharan <ms...@usc.edu> on 2015/11/01 06:15:24 UTC

How is En Location name finder model trained?

Hello opennlp users,

I am facing some issue while extracting locations from file contents. Using
en-ner-location.bin I am able to extract location if it's provided in
camelcase but not if otherwise.

*For example :*
  - I can extract "China" out of - "A geographically distributed network of
*China*"
  - But not from - "A geographically distributed network of *china*"

I already tried converting whole text to camel case but it makes matter
worse, so instead of trying more solution based on my intuitions would be
best for me if I can get help on below two questions:

Can someone suggest an enhancement?
Can someone help me know how en location name finder model is trained?
Location name finder model.en-ner-location.bin
<http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/models-1.5/en-ner-location.bin>
*What are we trying to do?*
We are building an opensource tool to extract location out of any file and
then visualize it on a map. These file will mostly coming from web content
but can be anything a user wish.

--
Thanks
Madhav Sharan

Re: How is En Location name finder model trained?

Posted by Madhav Sharan <ms...@usc.edu>.
Thanks for your reply Rodrigo. I will look into what you suggested.

--
Thanks
Madhav Sharan

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ra...@apache.org>.