Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kamath_svk <ka...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/09/22 08:50:58 UTC

Redirect when session is destroyed

Hi,

I found a site for session handling using Tapestry5.
http://eubauer.de/kingsware/2010/02/04/track-login-and-logout-of-users-with-tapestry-5/

when ever session is destroyed, sessionDestroyed() method in
SessionListener[user-defined] class which is added in services package of
tapestry is automatically called.

can any one tell me how to redirect the browser to a default page ?
if i had response object i could have redirected to some page but that
method doesn't contain response object.

i have added the code for SessionListener class.

public class SessionListener implements HttpSessionListener {
	public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent se) {
		// Do nothing
	}

	public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent se) {
		System.out.println(" *      Session is destroyed      *  ");
		HttpSession session = se.getSession();
		Principal principal = (Principal)
session.getAttribute(AppModule.USER_LOGGED_IN);
		session.removeAttribute(AppModule.USER_LOGGED_IN);
		// Do some stuff here...
	}
}

Re: Redirect when session is destroyed

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:53:44 -0300, kamath_svk <ka...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> As we know if session is expired "sessionDestroyed" method is called by
> tapestry.

This method is not called by Tapestry, but by the servlet container
(server).

> (Please refer the code)
> http://eubauer.de/kingsware/2010/02/04/track-login-and-logout-of-users-with-tapestry-5/
>
> I was referring to a scenario wherein if session is expired user is
> automatically redirected to start or index page.

It's only possible to redirect when a request is made.

> So i was asking, how to
> redirect to start page from "sessionDestroyed" method.

It's not possible. Instead, create a RequestFilter that checks if the
session exists and the user is logged in, then use Redirect.sendRequest()
if needed. This is similar to the approach in the URL you provided.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Redirect when session is destroyed

Posted by kamath_svk <ka...@yahoo.co.in>.

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:

> If inside a page, check the page navigation page in the documentation.

I was not referring to redirecting from page.
As we know if session is expired "sessionDestroyed" method is called by
tapestry.
(Please refer the code)
http://eubauer.de/kingsware/2010/02/04/track-login-and-logout-of-users-with-tapestry-5/

I was referring to a scenario wherein if session is expired user is
automatically redirected to start or index page. So i was asking, how to
redirect to start page from "sessionDestroyed" method.

Thank you for the links provided, that would be really helpful to me.

Re: Redirect when session is destroyed

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 05:51:44 -0300, kamath_svk <ka...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> I am new to tapestry so can you please tell me how to use dispatcher
> using some example??

There are many examples in this mailing list archives and in the wiki.
Reading the Dispatcher JavaDoc also helps.

Posted by kamath_svk <ka...@yahoo.co.in>.

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
you can't redirect from a SessionListener as it is called by the servlet
container and does not involve any user interaction.

provide a Dispatcher that checks  whether your AppModule.USER_LOGGED_IN
attribute is available from the current HttpSession; if it is not redirect
the current request to any page

g,
kris