Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jason Nichols <ja...@quantumland.com> on 2005/07/04 23:15:32 UTC

possible to edit Tabular data?

Hello:

  I can't find a way to do this using myEclipse JRI and was wondering if
anyone knew a way with myFaces.

I'd have a table of <h:inputText> elements bound to an ArrayList. I display
it and have the user type in new values, but those new values are never
saved. Since the ArrayList is generated dynamically and there could be up to
50 entries I'd like to avoid having a commandButton in each row, and I'm not
sure if that would work either. Is this possible with myFaces or even at
all?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jason

Here's the interface:

<h:dataTable id="params_dt" value="#{scriptHandler.parameterModel}"
var="params">

      <h:column id="params_c1">

            <h:inputText value="#{params}" />

      </h:column>

      <f:facet name="footer">

            <h:commandButton value="Preview Job"
action="#{scriptHandler.updateJob}" />

      </f:facet>

</h:dataTable>

And here's the Java code I'm currently using:

public class ScriptHandler {

            private DataModel parameterModel;

            .(other methods assign a filled ArrayList to parameterModel).

public String updateJob(){

            ArrayList al = (ArrayList) parameterModel.getWrappedData();

            System.err.println(al.toString());

            return "reviewJob";

    }

}