Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Abduladem Aljamel <a....@it.misuratau.edu.ly> on 2022/11/01 21:33:16 UTC

EJB by using Apache Netbeans

Hi,,
I am just wondering about the announced tutorial abou creating an EE
Application or EJB By using Apache Netbeans IDE 12 or more.
All the tutorials do not use Apache Netbeans.  for example this
tutorial example in this link
https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/javaee/javaee-entapp-ejb.html
It mentions that to follow this tutorial, you need the following software
and resources.
Software or Resource is NetBeans IDE versions 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, Java
EE.These are my questions:
1- Why 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, Java EE versions not Apache Netbeans IDE 12+?
2- How to get Netbeans IDE 8.2 anyway?
3- Where could I find atutorials about creating EE Java Application or EJB
by using Apache Netbeans IDE 12 or more?

I would be very grateful if you answered there questions.

Thanks
Abduladem

[Netbeans]

Re: EJB by using Apache Netbeans

Posted by Sean Carrick <se...@pekinsoft.com>.
Abduladem,

The tutorials are still being worked on to bring them up to the current
versions of NetBeans. Since the transition to Apache, the developers are
donating what little spare time they have to keep the project going.

Having said that, however, you can still follow the tutorials as they are
with whichever newer version of NetBeans you are using. You can read those
versions in the tutorials as "at least version ## of NetBeans." Even though
the tutorials are using an older version of NetBeans, the concepts remain
the same.

I've even successfully completed some tutorials that were printed in the
old NetBeans Magazine, which used versions 4 and 5 of the IDEā€¦

I hope this helps you out!

-SC