Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/25 16:18:19 UTC

build error on maven-assembly-plugin trunk?

I tried the experiment of making the plugins pom use the current
snapshot of the global maven parent, and I got:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 2 projects -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/benson/asf/mvn/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/pom.xml) has 1
error
[ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-component-annotations:jar is missing. @
line 208, column 17
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.10-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/benson/asf/mvn/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/pom.xml) has 1
error
[ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-component-annotations:jar is missing. @
line 149, column 17

Re: build error on maven-assembly-plugin trunk?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Works for me. Is the maven-parent that defines that variable in a place Maven can find it? (svn up it and install it, or make sure relativePath is right).

- Brett

On 26/10/2012, at 1:18 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the experiment of making the plugins pom use the current
> snapshot of the global maven parent, and I got:
>
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [ERROR] The build could not read 2 projects -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR]   The project
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4-SNAPSHOT
> (/Users/benson/asf/mvn/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/pom.xml) has 1
> error
> [ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-component-annotations:jar is missing. @
> line 208, column 17
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR]   The project
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.10-SNAPSHOT
> (/Users/benson/asf/mvn/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/pom.xml) has 1
> error
> [ERROR]     'dependencies.dependency.version' for
> org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-component-annotations:jar is missing. @
> line 149, column 17

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org