Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/04 15:21:34 UTC

Securing solr

Hi,

i'm somehow unable to "secure" my  solr instance that runs on a dedicated
server. I have a webapplication that needs this solr instance, but the
webserver is running on another dedicated server. Is it possible to somehow
secure the solr instance, e.g. with a web authentication mechanism or allow
acces only from one/more specific server?

Thanks,

Ramo

Re: Securing solr

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 4 March 2012 19:51, Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com> wrote:
[...]
> i'm somehow unable to "secure" my  solr instance that runs on a dedicated
> server. I have a webapplication that needs this solr instance, but the
> webserver is running on another dedicated server. Is it possible to somehow
> secure the solr instance, e.g. with a web authentication mechanism or allow
> acces only from one/more specific server?

Normally, this would be done by firewall-level access control,
e.g., through iptables if you are on a Linux server. Please
see also http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity . Searching
Google also turns up other possibilities which might be more
appropriate to your specific Solr setup.

Regards,
Gora

Re: Securing solr

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

if you run Apache in front of your Tomcat-Instance/Servlet-Container,
you can do that by specifying access-rules in your .htaccess-file
(either password-based or IP-based).

However there also exist Tomcat, JBoss, xyz-specific methods to do that.

Try to search for it specific to your servlet-container/environment
instead of Solr only.

Kind regards,
Em