Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> on 2003/01/09 12:36:35 UTC

Stripping extensions without file operation

Hello,

what I intend to do would look somewhat like this in ant:

  <mapper id="stripclass" type="glob" from="*.class" to="*"/>
  <fileset id="anID" dir="${somedir}">
    <include name="**/*Test.class"/>
    <mapper id="stripclass"/>
  </fileset>

Unfortunately, fileset does not support a nested mapper.

I do not want to copy any file, but use the fileset's entries later on
in various tasks.
Is there a simple or generic possibility to do so in ant or do
extensions exist to solve my problem?

Thanks for any help
Stefan

Re: Stripping extensions without file operation

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org] wrote
>> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> > Unfortunately, fileset does not support a nested mapper.
>>
>> It sort of does, take a look at the <present> selector.
>
> If I am not wrong, this mapper only is used for the selector and
> does not modify the fileset.

Correct.

You'd select the files for your fuleset based on the presence of files
in a different fileset.

If this is not what you wanted, I must have misunderstood your
question.

Posted by Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de>.
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> [..]
> Or I've not been focussed, sorry.  <fileset>'s are always a
> set of existing files, so your "but fileset doesn't support
> nested mappers" somehow triggered the misunderstanding.  You
> don't want a fileset but a set of names.

Correct. So it is a misues. Even more, I think too generic here.

> > What I like to do: - read a set of files from a directory -
> create a
> > set from above set containing the same but modified elements
>
> And do with this set ... what?

Apply the set or each entry to a sequence of other (custom) tasks.

> I don't see a built-in way for this general description, but
> maybe there is a way to achieve what you want
> (<pathconvert>?) - depends on your needs.

Actually, the other tasks need the class name rather than the file name.
So I already use <pathconvert> for / to . conversion.
Unfortunately, the <map> task only is build for prefixes whereas I have
postfixes to map.
Of course, one could build the custom tasks to do the conversion
internally. So, maybe I am thinking to object oriented here.

Maybe <property> should support <mapper> to manipulate given values. Or
being explicit, having a <propertyconvert>. Seems I have to write such a
thing myself or integrate into the other custom tasks. ;)

Thanks anyway.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Schulz <ss...@ivs.tu-berlin.de>.
My request seems mistakable :)

What I like to do:
- read a set of files from a directory
- create a set from above set containing the same but modified elements

For Example, the set of files contains class-files. So the result should
be a set having all the files, but not having the ".class" extension.

With the below pseudo-ant-snippet:

source:
 - myproject
   + - app