Posted to user@struts.apache.org by roger <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2011/09/05 13:32:08 UTC

JQuery plugin sj:a tag - Bug?

Hi

I have the following in a jsp page:

 <s:url id="resetPassword" action="reset-user-password" namespace="/admin">
    	<s:param name="userName" value="%{userDTO.userName}"/>
    	<s:param name="ajax" value="true"/>
    </s:url>

<sj:a href="%{resetPassword}" targets="userDetails"
onClickTopics="confirmReset" requestType="GET"
cssClass="vMenuItemText">Reset Password</sj:a>

Using Jquery plugin 3.1.1 the sj:a tag appears to be ignoring the
requestType="GET" or I'm not specifying it correctly, but either way, when I
click on the link, the parameter data is sent as a POST and I need to it to
go as a GET

Regards

Re: JQuery plugin sj:a tag - Bug?

Posted by roger <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry for replying to myself, but if I remove the
onClickTopics="confirmReset" attribute then the requestType attribute is
honoured and I can swap between GET and POST at will.

I'm using the onClickTopics to put up a confirmation screen to the user and
the handler is given below;

$(document).ready(function(){

		$.subscribe('confirmReset', function(event,data) {
			if (confirm('Are you sure you want to reset the password for this
user?')) return;
			event.originalEvent.options.submit = false;
		});

		});

So the question now is why is the confirmRest topic handler either ignoring
the requestType attribute or forcing the response to be sent as a POST