Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Steve Yin <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/13 07:08:56 UTC

Propose to migrate IA2 and accessibility enhancements on Windows from Symphony

Hi all,

As Symphony has already implemented IA2 for years and won a host of
positive responses from the blind users. IA2 should be an indispensable
feature on Windows for AOO. Since Symphony is derived from OOo 3.1 m11, we
should consider about the gap between OOo 3.1m11 and AOO3.4.

As for the effort estimate of  AOO's IA2 migration and other accessibility
enhancements on Windows, here is my draft plan.

   1. *IA2 bridge migration*. An independent module for UNO interfaces and
   IA2 interfaces mapping. *5 PD*
   2. *IA2 UI enhancement migration*. All UI controls can be accessed
   through IA2 interfaces.* 60PD*
   3. *IA2 for document content migration*. Make all objects of the
   document accessible for IA2 and bug fix. *200PD or more*

Please help to evaluate the feasibility of the proposal. Thanks.

--
Best Regards,

Steve Yin

Re: Propose to migrate IA2 and accessibility enhancements on Windows from Symphony

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@apache.org>.
This is post is a response to a question from Drew in "Next steps for
Symphony and AOO" thread.

>From Drew
"Is there a reasonably trusted estimate on the effort to move the Windows
accessibility enhancements from the Symphony code line to the current
3.4 line?"