Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2015/01/15 02:16:05 UTC

[VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, the "thank you for your patience", ninth release candidate

I've posted the ninth htrace-3.1.0 release candidate here:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/htrace-3.1.0-incubatingRC8/

(Our RCs are zero based so RC8 is the nineth RC)

Maven artifacts are here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1013

There was an eighth RC but the less you know about it the better (Thanks
Elliott).

The only changes from RC7 are changes to address Billie and Masatake
reviews.

The release is a src-only tarball for now. Later we can add binary bundles
to our release after we have better sense of what we as a project would
like to deliver.

This release is mainly a change of packaging from org.htrace to
org.apache.htrace to suit our new home here in Apache Incubator but it does
also includes 43 resolved issues [1] including the beginnings of an htrace
daemon whose intent is to make it so there is a low barrier collecting
cluster traces as well as a new flume receiver.

Beware that Apache Incubator, org.apache.htrace is not compatible with its
former self, org.htrace: the package name has changed but so has the JSON
serialization format. See README.md for a few notes on how to migrate.

Shall we make this release candidate our first incubator release?

Lets keep the vote period short (We'll have to run another vote over in
incubator general after this one if I understand the process properly).

Please vote +1/0/-1 by Friday, January 15th, 2015.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HTRACE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20issuetype%20DESC

Re: [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, the "thank you for your patience", ninth release candidate

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1 (yay)

Checked mds
Checked signature
Checked format of tar
Checked apache-rat
Built and ran htraced from source
Build the jars locally
Ran all maven tests ( they pass )
Searched the entire tar.gz and there are no compiled binaries I could find.
The only non-ascii files I could find were png's
There are no .orig files in there.
There are no files containing >>>> which would suggest that there are no
merge conflicts from cherry-picking
Tar contains needed files ( DISCLAIMER, LICENSE )
LICENSE.txt contains links to used go code.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
Yep, I just built from the 3.1 branch and it looks good to me.

Thanks,
Billie

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thank you Billie.