Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/04/30 16:57:41 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7825 Update "new commits" email template

- **labels**: ux --> ux, sf-current

---

** [tickets:#7825] Update "new commits" email template**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ux sf-current
**Created:** Wed Feb 04, 2015 04:29 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Feb 20, 2015 07:46 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

See attached screenshot for reference.  Several things that can be improved:

* "From" could be improved, e.g. "{{project name}} {{tool name}} repository"
* The branch name is specified in front of just the first commit, and then is blank on the rest of the commits.  IIRC this is bad for SVN commit messages too since they don't have real branches.  I think it could be better moved up as a section header "On `master` branch:".  Test with SVN and with Hg, and with commits on multiple branches.
* Markdown formatting in commit messages is not expected, e.g. `__future__` vs __future__.  When we render commits, e.g. at https://sourceforge.net/p/gazette/code/ci/2cece9731de397e508dfed34d3d6e3866e0a94ac we use a special rendering helper that is configured to do some stuff like artifact linking but not other markdown formatting.  We should use that for these commit emails too.
* It would be cleaner to make the commit message text be a link, instead of showing the full link URL in the email text.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/