Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/04 12:55:58 UTC

Use of common argument scratch-uri and remote deployment

Hi,
Can you please guide me how to use 'scratch-uri' argument in case of
 transferring all necessary files to remote location.

And can you please suggest me any way for deploying model on remote
location which is trained and build on other machine.

Please consider it.

Thank you,

Regards,
Bansari

Re: Use of common argument scratch-uri and remote deployment

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
Hi Bansari,

All you need to make sure is that wherever you run build, train, and
deploy, all nodes have the same data storage configuration and can access
those storage.

"scratch-uri" helps you properly run any "pio" commands in YARN cluster
mode, and is otherwise unrelated with the above.

Regards,
Donald

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for your guidance.
>
> We have to build and train on development machine which can be standalone
> or 3 node cluster and deploy on production environment which is completely
> different cluster. In this case does scratch-uri will work or we have to
> follow another process.
>
> Please suggest me.
>
> Thank you
> Regards,
> Bansari
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bansari,
>>
>> The --scratch-uri switch is only useful with "pio train/deploy" using
>> YARN cluster mode, which is your case. It tells PredictionIO where to copy
>> PredictionIO JARs and engine.json for YARN cluster mode to work properly.
>>
>> 1. Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR is set properly in conf/pio-env.sh.
>> 2. Provide an HDFS URL to --scratch-uri. You need to have write access to
>> this location.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Donald
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No idea about 'scratch-uri’ but once you build a model if you have
>>> specified (in pio-env.sh) that pio use hdfs for the model storage it will
>>> already be available to any machine that has access to hdfs. It somewhat
>>> depends on the template, the Universal Recommender uses Elasticsearch for
>>> model storage so any machine with access to ES will have the model.
>>>

>>> On Oct 4, 2016, at 10:09 AM, Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Donald,
>>>
>>> I am running my spark cluster of 3 node with YARN and spark driver is
>>> within cluster.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards,

Posted by Bansari Shah <ba...@gmail.com>.