Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/23 16:08:27 UTC

Fwd: Problem with deploying example of Sales and marketing

Platforms Used:
juddi v 3.0
renaming localhost to sales in properity file doesnt work...
all steps prescribed done correctly but not working

Re: Fwd: Problem with deploying example of Sales and marketing

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
Yes.     The juddi bundle ships with Derby, which is an embeddable
database already bundled.     If you want to use MySQL or Postgresql or
another db, you'll need to configure it yourself.

http://juddi.apache.org/docs/3.x/userguide/html_single/index.html#chap-database_setup

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
On 3/23/12 1:53 PM, Shashikant Sarade wrote:
> uff!!!!
> i m sry i was doing this stuff from last week ....
> is it possible for me to deploy web services(AXIS2) into juddi v3.0?
Absolutely, we are using the JAX-WS APIs. so you can swap out the CXF
webservices stack for the Axis2 webservices stack. We even have a jira
open for it https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-283
Maybe you can contribute to our project as a thanks for my time
explaining things to you, and write down the steps how to switch them so
we can add it to our docs.

--Kurt

Re: Fwd: Problem with deploying example of Sales and marketing

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.
uff!!!!

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
On 3/23/12 1:39 PM, Shashikant Sarade wrote:
> ok..
> But thats not what i am tyring to ask.
it isn't?
> i am referring to user manual given by juddi team.
yep I got that, check who wrote that manual.

> Does there is need of installing juddi specified
> database(MySql,JBoss,etc).?
The juddi-portal-bundle comes with tomcat and a embedded database:
http://apache.mirrors.hoobly.com//juddi/3_1_3/juddi-portal-bundle-3.1.3.zip

All you have to do is unzip and start up tomcat.

BTW can you send us a link to the JBoss database? I'd like to check that
out.

Thank you!

Cheers,

--Kurt

Re: Fwd: Problem with deploying example of Sales and marketing

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.
ok..

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
On 3/23/12 1:01 PM, Shashikant Sarade wrote:
> i had read it seriously.
>
> Kurt i am not able to change DNS name of server to "sales"
> i am doing by editing "juddiv3.properties" from cmd but it wont do
> when i go to "http://sales:8080/juddiv3/"

*i am not able to change DNS name of server to "sales"*
/OK, since you are trying hard, and it's a nice day out/, here is some
web basics:

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_resource_locator the
URL syntax is:

scheme://domain:port/path?query_string#fragment_id

So in this case 'sales' in the domain, and we know the web/appserver
runs on your own machine. So you do you get DNS to believe that the
domain 'sales' resolves to your machine? You can go a registrar (let's
say godaddy.com) and buy the 'sales' domain, and then have them resolve
'sales' to your IP address. Well 'sales' isn't even a valid domain. It
would have to be sales.com or something, and I'm sure that's taken. So
what to do?

It turns out you can override whatever DNS servers say by adding entries
in a hosts file. On linux you would find that file in /etc/hosts. On
windows it is a bit harder to find, Google tells me it lives in
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\.
So now if we add
a line

sales    127.0.0.1

in that file. That machine will resolve sales to 127.0.0.1, which is the
loopback address, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost

which is your machine :).

Your next question will be, *but what about 'marketing'*?.

Marketing runs on your friend's computer, which let's pretent has IP
address 192.168.1.8. You can read about private networks here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network (192.168.x.x is an example
of a private network address). So anyway, if he runs another juddi
server on his machine, you should be able to access it at :
http://192.168.1.8:8080/juddiv3, but you will say:"but that is not
'marketing'". For that you will need to add another line to *your* hosts
file:

marketing 192.168.1.8

Now on *your* machine, and on your machine only
http://marketing:8080/juddiv3 will resolve to your friend's machine.
Which is exactly what the subscription example is trying to do. To make
your friends machine resolve to your machine you will need to modify the
hosts file on your friends machine by adding a line

sales 192.168.1.7

where 192.168.1.7 is your IP address.

The only thing left for you to ask is: but how do I know what my IP
address is? For that you can use a command called 'ifconfig' on linux
and 'ipconfig' on windows.

You can tests that it works by using a command call 'ping'. So on the
marketing machine you can do

ping marketing

and it should say something like

ping marketing
PING marketing (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes

Have fun learning about the wonderful world of networking. Not that any
of this has anything to do with UDDI.

Cheers,

--Kurt

Re: Fwd: Problem with deploying example of Sales and marketing

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.
i had read it seriously.

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Our mail archives may come in handy:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/juddi-user/

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.
> i am doing final year project which deploys *web services* for
> engineering college for different departments.
> I had created services i.e.* wsdls in Eclipse* (helios) IDE and I am not
> able to *publish* those to available registries(IBM,SAP has shut down
> public UDDI) so is it correct to establish juddi of our own.
>
> For setting up juddi server do i need to create database in given
> available standards,whether it does not automatically create it.
>
>  Platforms:
1.OS :Windows 7
2.Apache AXIS2/CXF
3.Apache Tomcat v7.0
4.juddi v3. portal-bundle

Re: Fwd: Problem with deploying example of Sales and marketing

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Did you add something like

127.0.0.1       sales

in your /etc/hosts file?