Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bi...@cci.com.tr on 2007/06/13 15:40:50 UTC

How to to bind Struts 2 action variables to and from flow scope with struts2-webflow plugin integration without AnnotationFlowScopeInterceptor with JDK 1.4 environment,

-------------------------------------
Birkan DUMAN
Coca-Cola İçecek A.Ş.
BSG - Business Applications
Business Systems Analyst

Tel:  90 312 293 1216
Fax: 90 312 293 1213
bduman@cci.com.tr
--------------------------------------

__________________

Hi all,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm an experienced struts 1 user since its birth,
and recently I'm trying to adapt myself to Struts 2 to start a new web project with a
combination of Struts 2, Spring Webflow, Spring 2 IoC, Spring Acegi, and Hibernate.
As the subject describes, I need to bind the action variables, for actions referenced in a
flow, exactly to the flow scope. I use jdk 1.4 for development due to our legacy
Application Server, namely Webshere 5.1.  So  I cannot use java annotations support to
flourish  my flows with AnnotationFlowScopeInterceptor. I wonder if there is any practice
as an alternative way to AnnotationFlowScopeInterceptor, to mimic the same behaviour for
action variables so that they are guarenteed to live during the lifecycle of the flow and
not any longer. I have some thoughts about using ScopeInterceptor to bind action variables
to session and defining an end-action in the flow definition which removes the scoped
variables but I'm not so sure whether it is the best way or not.

I'm a newbie for both Struts 2, Spring Webflow and so for Struts2-Webflow integration and
I'll fully appreciate your ideas about the question.

Thank you.

Birkan