Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net> on 2003/10/11 19:52:48 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat mod_jk 1.2.5 Web Server Connector released

[October 11, 2003]

The Tomcat team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.2.5 of the Apache
Tomcat mod_jk web server connector.

Tomcat is the reference implementation of a web application server which implements
the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages specifications.

mod_jk is a connector which allows a web server such as Apache HTTPD or IIS to act as a
front end to the Tomcat web application server.

This version fixes a number of minor bugs.

See the file CHANGES.txt in the source distribution for a complete list of changes.

Soucre distribtions can be downloaded from an Apache Software Foundation mirror at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi

Binary distributions for a number of different operating systems and
web servers can be downloaded from an Apache Software Foundation mirror at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi

Documentation for using mod_jk with Tomcat 3.3, 4.1, and 5.0 can be found at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/

The Apache Tomcat team.

Re: Apache Tomcat mod_jk 1.2.5 WSC configuration for Tomcat 5

Posted by Thorsten Westmeier <we...@justmail.de>.
At 23:04 12.10.2003 -0700, you wrote:
> > Which changes has to be made in the Tomcat 5 server.xml to use the new
> > Connector-Version 1.2.5? By default, Tomcat 5 is configured for JK2, or
>not?
>No changes are required in server.xml for any Tomcat versions 3.3.x-5.0.x.
>Just like with Tomcat 4.1.x, the Tomcat 5 JK2 Connector is fully compatible
>with mod_jk (assuming that you are using channelSocket, since channelJNI and
>channelUnix require mod_jk2).

Yes, I'm using channelSocket, but not mod_jk, but isapi_redirect.dll,
because I Connect the Tomcat to IIS 5.

Thorsten

Re: Apache Tomcat mod_jk 1.2.5 WSC configuration for Tomcat 5

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Thorsten Westmeier" <we...@justmail.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> if I interpret the Version-Number correctly, then it is a follower of the
> old JK Connector and not of the new JK2.

Yes.

> Can I use my old uriworkermap.properties and workers.properties?

Yes. No changes have been made to the configuration code.

Posted by Thorsten Westmeier <we...@web.de>.
At 18:34 12.10.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>>Which changes has to be made in the Tomcat 5 server.xml to use the new
>>Connector-Version 1.2.5? By default, Tomcat 5 is configured for JK2, or not?
>[...]

In Tomcat 5 server.xml it's only the following JK Connector:

     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
     <Connector port="8009"
                enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
                protocol="AJP/1.3" />

For using the new JK1.2.5 I must comment this one out and have to add this
one, which is not longer in server.xml automatically, or not?

                acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

Thorsten

Re: Apache Tomcat mod_jk 1.2.5 WSC configuration for Tomcat 5

Posted by Eric C <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hello,

I read once that tomcat 5 is designed to handle the static files.
Is mod_jk still necessary then ?
do you have any experience on that ?

Regards,
ERic
Posted by Giuliano Gavazzi <de...@humph.com>.
At 17:04 +0200 2003/10/12, Thorsten Westmeier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>if I interpret the Version-Number correctly, then it is a follower
>of the old JK Connector and not of the new JK2.

I can confirm that.

>Can I use my old uriworkermap.properties and workers.properties?

I have just managed to build jk1.2.5 and jk2 on MacOSX (and am
writing a page on that, plus make the modules available). I replaced
my previous mod_jk with the 1.2.5 with no configuration changes
(Apache2 + tomcat4.1). I cannot speak about tomcat 5 as I had many
problems yesterday with it, so I reversed to the latest 4.1 instead.

>Which changes has to be made in the Tomcat 5 server.xml to use the
>new Connector-Version 1.2.5? By default, Tomcat 5 is configured for
>JK2, or not?

[...]

Giuliano
--