Posted to tdk-dev@turbine.apache.org by "Joseph S. Terry, Jr." <Jo...@Knowself.com> on 2001/11/02 18:11:36 UTC

Re: What is the intention of the TDK?

To All,

Would you, personally, be willing to be a ghost developer in my initial
development with Turbine. I would be willing to pay some small amount for
access to your source code and help.

Really I need a person to bounce ideas off of that is a little more
directly responsive than the email list.

I wouldn't expect you to do any direct development, just support me. Help
me understand aspects of Turbine or write small snippets of code that are
explanations of certain idioms in Turbine.

Can you suggest someone else, if you are not interested?

I could pay through "www.paypal.com", or something like that.

What do you think?

I've got a great contract to develop a rather simple web site, and I want
to do this "my own way" (No commercial development tools) and I have
reviewed melati, and other frameworks, but I keep coming back to Turbine as
the most mature, but I have some issues I can't resolve.

I'm really just getting started so the questions probably seem stupid, but
for me they are critical and time-sensitive.

I have the "newapp" example running. I have a clear understanding of Java
development and databases, etc. I've got mySQL, Apache 1.3.20, and Tomcat
4.0.1 running smoothly, although I still don't have Apache and Tomcat
talking properly using the mod_webapp.

Contact me via email or (310) 379-9822.

In the spirit of Open Source, any solutions that I pay for that are worthy
of the group will be codified in documentation and contributed.

Thanks!

Joe Terry
email: Joe@knowself.com
phone: USA (310) 379-9822

Re: What is the intention of the TDK?

Posted by Kasper Nielsen <ne...@kav.dk>.
yeah, you don't need to pay, people are more then willing (most of the time)
to help.
Just try the turbine-user list, there is a lot more traffic then this list.

- Kasper

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: What is the intention of the TDK?