Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Josef Novak <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/10 22:23:17 UTC

nutch java io exception: no locks available

Hi,

   I have been running a whole web crawl with nutch on my local
machine for sometime, but have recently run out of space on my local
hard drive.  I would now like to continue my crawl with a larger
storage device but am having some troubles.  Particularly, when I
attempt to update the database with
    ./bin/nutch updatedb db/ segments/2*
I am confronted by an error message which looks something like:

    javaIOexception: no locks available

After some searching I realized that this is probably because I am
accessing the new remote storage device through NFS, however I'm not
at all sure what I ought to change in order to get around this
problem.  I suppose it would be possible to edit the source to ignore
this error but... a. that sounds like work I'd rather not do if I
don't have to, and b. there's got to be a better way.

I'm running redhat linux 9, and
uname -a gives:
Linux fuji 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:54:28 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

For now I am simply fetching, indexing, then moving segments to the
terra storage device.  Of course once the index grows to large this
will no longer be possible...

any help will be greatly appreciated!

joe