Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Louis LeBlanc <to...@keyslapper.org> on 2003/04/22 22:17:31 UTC

configuring Apache 2.0 for mod_webapp and tomcat

Ok, I'm confused.  I can't find any info about a Port statement
relating to the mod_webapp module, but Apache (2.0.45) seems to think
I need one.  Right now, I'm just trying to get the sample webapp going
and serve jsp pages.

I've set up Tomcat as directed, and put the following in my
httpd.conf:

VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@keyslapper.org
    DocumentRoot /Net/httpd/html
    ServerName www.keyslapper.org
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpsd/error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpsd/access_log common

    WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
    WebAppInfo /webapp-info

</VirtualHost>

When I check the syntax, I get the following:
Syntax error on line 1107 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid port number (p<1) No "Port" statement found

Line 1107 is the WebAppDeploy line.

I know it must be obvious, but I'm just having a major brain fart
here.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Weiler's Law:
  Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.

Re: configuring Apache 2.0 for mod_webapp and tomcat

Posted by Geert van der Ploeg <to...@geert.triple-it.nl>.
IIRC, I had this solved by moving the definition of the connection (the
'WebAppConnection'-line) outside the virtualhost.

regards,

Geert van der Ploeg

> Ok, I'm confused.  I can't find any info about a Port statement
> relating to the mod_webapp module, but Apache (2.0.45) seems to think
> I need one.  Right now, I'm just trying to get the sample webapp going
> and serve jsp pages.
>
> I've set up Tomcat as directed, and put the following in my
> httpd.conf:
>
> VirtualHost *:80>
<snip>

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Tim Funk" <fu...@joedog.org> wrote in message
> Webapp is deprecated and not supported at all by the committers. It needs
> massive rewrite to the Coyote API for it to be considered before being
> supported again.

I think "massive" is a little excessive here.  With the advances to the
Tomcat 5.x API, I think that the WebApp->Coyote is really not that hard.  I
have no plans to do it myself, since that would mean that I'd be stuck on
the WebApp support list [which I doen't, personally use at all] forever :-).
Of course, I don't personally use TC-Standalone SSL, but it seems I'm on
that list forever :-).

If there is someone that is interested in doing a WebApp->Coyote conversion,
I'm willing to offer pointers (but not coding :).  However, from my reading
of the tomcat-dev community, this would basically mean that you would be
willing to take over the entire WebApp project (and, hopefully, grow the
developer base).

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Webapp is deprecated and not supported at all by the committers. It needs a

Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> Ok, I'm confused.  I can't find any info about a Port statement
> relating to the mod_webapp module, but Apache (2.0.45) seems to think
> I need one.  Right now, I'm just trying to get the sample webapp going
> and serve jsp pages.
>
> I've set up Tomcat as directed, and put the following in my
> httpd.conf:
>
> VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAdmin webmaster@keyslapper.org
>     DocumentRoot /Net/httpd/html
>     ServerName www.keyslapper.org
>     ErrorLog /var/log/httpsd/error.log
>     CustomLog /var/log/httpsd/access_log common
>
>     WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
>     WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
>     WebAppInfo /webapp-info
>
> </VirtualHost>
>

> When I check the syntax, I get the following:
> Syntax error on line 1107 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
> Invalid port number (p<1) No "Port" statement found
>
> Line 1107 is the WebAppDeploy line.
>
> I know it must be obvious, but I'm just having a major brain fart
> here.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Lou

Re: configuring Apache 2.0 for mod_webapp and tomcat

> Ok, I'm confused.  I can't find any info about a Port statement
> relating to the mod_webapp module, but Apache (2.0.45) seems to think
> I need one.  Right now, I'm just trying to get the sample webapp going
> and serve jsp pages.
>
> I've set up Tomcat as directed, and put the following in my
> httpd.conf:
>
> VirtualHost *:80>
<snip>