Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by cferrero <cr...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/13 13:54:05 UTC

Continue page break

hello i want to know if is posible this: i have a table wich extends across
two pages (depends data) i want to put after the page footer "continue in
"continue...." with "total"

tks !!!!

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Cristian Ferrero <cr...@hotmail.com>.
Chris....

in my single region-after i add

<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="footermessage"
retrieve-boundary="document"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>

then immediatly flow starts

<fo:flow flow-name="D-CONSUMOS">

<fo:block>

<fo:marker marker-class-name="footermessage">Continued</fo:marker>

</fo:block>

before flow ends

<fo:block>

<fo:marker marker-class-name="footermessage">End of Document</fo:marker>

</fo:block>

</fo:flow>

and nothing happends...im right ?

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Feb 14, 2008, at 22:21, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> <snip />
> Note that the fo:retrieve-marker has to be contained in a fo:block,
> otherwise it has no effect. Or at least, so I discovered just
> now... Not sure if this is compliant, so we might have to look into
> that.

Looking closer, this appears to be 100% correct: if the fo:marker has
text-children, those child-nodes would become immediate descendants
of the fo:static-content when the fo:retrieve-marker is resolved, and
that is not allowed. Either the fo:retrieve-marker has to have a
fo:block ancestor, or the text in the fo:marker should have one.

Just FYI

Cheers

Andreas

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Cristian Ferrero <cr...@hotmail.com>.
Ok Andreas i see that there is 2 page sequences i have only one.... i
thought that i could do this with only one page sequence....

tks

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Feb 14, 2008, at 21:43, Cristian Ferrero wrote:

> Hi, that was the first question...the second was about footer only
> in first page (when there is one) or in the last (where are more
> than one) using marks...
>
> im trying to doing this in

I just tested myself, and the below code seems to do what you're
looking for (with FOP Trunk)

The first page-sequence consists of only one page.
The last-ending "continued" marker in the page, looking backward into
the whole page-sequence, is the one containing the empty fo:inline,
so we only get the "total" footer.

The second page-sequence demonstrates what happens when you have
multiple pages.
The last-ending "continued" marker in the page will always be the
first one in the document for all pages but the one where that last
block ends up.

Note that the fo:retrieve-marker has to be contained in a fo:block,
otherwise it has no effect. Or at least, so I discovered just now...
Not sure if this is compliant, so we might have to look into that.

Cheers

Andreas

---

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Cristian Ferrero <cr...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, that was the first question...the second was about footer only  in first
page (when there is one) or in the last (where are more than one) using
marks...

im trying to doing this in

region-after
<fo:static-content flow-name="after">

<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="footermessage"
retrieve-boundary="page" retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>

</fo:static-content>

before the flow ends :

<fo:block>

<fo:marker marker-class-name="footermessage">End of Document</fo:marker>

......... ant the rest of blocks i want in the footer

.but it only shows in first page.......

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Re: Continue page break

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Continue page break

Posted by Cristian Ferrero <cr...@hotmail.com>.
thanks Chris i will take a look ,,, and something similar....

can i conditionate what i put inside an xsl-region-after to be printed only
in last page (if i have more than one) ?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Hi,