Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Himanshu Soni <hi...@pk3i.com> on 2003/07/07 18:20:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite rules and mod_ssl variables on apache 2.0.40 on redhat 8.0

Hi

I am trying to upgrade apache 1.3.27 on slackware 8.1 to Apache 2.0.40
on redhat 8.0.
I use mod_rewrite to redirect requests to another server. The rewrite
rules pass SSL information like cipher strength and client certificates
presented to the rewritten URL as query strings. Following is a snippet
from my rewrite rules:

RewriteRule     ^/(.*)
"http://%{HTTP_HOST}:8080/VirtualHostBase/https//%{HTTP_HOST}:443/$1?cip
her_strength=%{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE}&client_cert=${url-encode:%{LA-U:SS
L_CLIENT_CERT}}" [P,QSA,L]

I have the following as my SSL Options:
SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth +ExportCertData +CompatEnvVars +StrictRequire
+StdEnvVars
I require client authentication by default.

In apache 1.3.27, when the above rewrite rule was processed,
cipher_strength and client_cert variables are successfully passed as
QUERY_STRING to the rewritten URL. In apache 2.0.40, this doesn't
happen. The URL is rewritten but with empty values for cipher_strength
and client_cert.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Himanshu Soni