Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com> on 2001/10/13 18:16:07 UTC

[ADDON] mod_auth_xml

Hi,

Don't know if introducing another user authentication module has some
usefulness, but here it is.
It uses apr_xml for xml parsing.

I've enclosed the management utility too. (sorry makefiles for WIN only).
The htxml has the same syntax as htpasswd, but creates an manages XML
password database.
The each user record in database can have the comments, and group names that
it belongs to.
That enables to have the same file for User and Group authentication.

I've supplied the sample user database htpasswd.xml and a stylesheet
htpasswd.xsl, that allows the
pretty formatting of user records.

MT.

Re: [ADDON] mod_auth_xml

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>.
<gbig_rin> You could of course 'fix' all this by adding a level of
indirection to the apr_table_* system; allowing folks to map arbitrary
backends into it. The first of such table types whould just be the
exsiting one (and leave an apr_make_table() behind) but other tables
could be faster (solving the hash problem) or based on in memory or on
file dbms, jdbc connections and what not. From thereon it is a simple
matter of using tables everywhere - and just allowing in the config to
point to the right table backend on a case by case basis. Allowing a user
to overwrite the source for auth to his backend table - but keeing the C
level interface just table_get. His backend table of course might need
things like further config for table names, tag names etc.
 </big_grin>

Dw