Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Janne <no...@mermit.fi> on 2003/06/22 01:25:46 UTC

Mailets and ServiceManager

Is there a way get a reference to avalon ServiceManager from within a
mailet? I would like to use services provided by one of my blocks. I
could of course do this over RMI but then I would have to write a remote
interface for my block.

- Janne
k a r i o at m e r m i t dot f i

RE: Mailets and ServiceManager

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is there a way get a reference to avalon ServiceManager from within a
> mailet?

Yes in v2.  See some of the example mailets, e.g., ToRepository for
examples.

HOWEVER, v3 will not support such access.  Instead, resources will be made
available in the standard J2EE fashion via a JNDI context.

	--- Noel