Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Soactive Inc <so...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/13 19:30:30 UTC

Override operation argument names in generated WSDL

Some facts:

1. I am using axis2 - version 1.1.
2. I am using Java code-first approach (not WSDL first approach)
3. I am having the WSDL get generated automatically as
http://something.com/serviceuri?wsdl

I notice that the names of the arguments for each argument is randomly set
to param0, param1, etc. Is there an an easy way to override these in the
services.xml file as a configuration option within the <operation> node. I
also notice that the return value is being named 'return' by default. I have
a need to rename this as well.

Now, I do know that contract-first WSDL is being recommended by many to
avoid interop issues with respect to data binding, but since the generated
WSDL binding is (in most cases, at least) sufficient for my purposes, I am
looking for a simple solution to override the generated names for the
operation arguments and the return value.

Thanks,
Ron

Re: Override operation argument names in generated WSDL

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
hi Soactive;

Please create a JIRA as a improvements , then we will be able to fix that.

Thanks
Deepal

> Thanks Deepal. Is there a plan for specifying the argument names and
> the returned object name for the service within services.xml. This
> way, we don't necessarily have to run the build in a debug mode.
>
> Ron
>

> On 1/15/07, *Deepal Jayasinghe* <deepal@opensource.lk
> <ma...@opensource.lk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Soactive ;
>
>     > Some facts:
>     >
>     > 1. I am using axis2 - version 1.1.
>     > 2. I am using Java code-first approach (not WSDL first approach)
>     > 3. I am having the WSDL get generated automatically as
>     > http://something.com/serviceuri?wsdl
>     >
>     > I notice that the names of the arguments for each argument is
>     randomly
>     > set to param0, param1, etc. Is there an an easy way to override
>     these
>     > in the services.xml file as a configuration option within the
>     > <operation> node. I also notice that the return value is being
>     named
>     > 'return' by default. I have a need to rename this as well.
>
>     if you compile setting debug option turn on , then you will get the
>     correct method parameter name.Unfortunately  you can not override
>     them
>     using services.xml
>
>     >
>     > Now, I do know that contract-first WSDL is being recommended by many
>     > to avoid interop issues with respect to data binding, but since the
>     > generated WSDL binding is (in most cases, at least) sufficient
>     for my
>     > purposes, I am looking for a simple solution to override the
>     generated
>     > names for the operation arguments and the return value.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Ron

Deepal

Re: Override operation argument names in generated WSDL

Posted by Soactive Inc <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Soactive ;