Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heather Buch <hb...@www.thebuchs.dk> on 2003/05/26 12:25:29 UTC

dropdown or select menu that really drops down

Hi,

Is there a struts jsp tag for a select menu that will actually drop down?
Currently, I cannot find a way to make the select menus expand and collapse.
Instead they stay fixed to value of the "size" parameter. Hopefully this makes
sense.

Best,

Heather Buch

Re: dropdown or select menu that really drops down

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Can you site a website that implements the control in the way that you
are thinking.

The Struts tags do not try to create interactive controls that require a
client-side technology, like JavaScript. (With the minor exception of
the Validator messages.) The Struts html tags are simple drop-in
replacement for the standard HTML tags, that all standard browsers
understand.

If you are asking about adding entries to a options list, the typical
solution would be for the user to submit a new item, and then for the
controller to return an updated collection that includes the new item.
The select tag will then rewrite itself to the appropriate size.

-Ted.

Heather Buch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a struts jsp tag for a select menu that will actually drop down?
> Currently, I cannot find a way to make the select menus expand and collapse.
> Instead they stay fixed to value of the "size" parameter. Hopefully this makes
> sense.
>
> Best,
>
> Heather Buch

Ted Husted,

Re: dropdown or select menu that really drops down

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu>.
Heather Buch írta:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a struts jsp tag for a select menu that will actually drop down?
>Currently, I cannot find a way to make the select menus expand and collapse.
>Instead they stay fixed to value of the "size" parameter. Hopefully this makes
>sense.

C'mon, this is a really basic html question.

Do not set the size.

You'd better read some basic html book before try to code jsp and such!

Tib