Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl> on 2011/08/30 15:45:20 UTC

Context-Sensitive Spelling Suggestions & Collations

Using the DirectSolrSpellChecker im very interested in this.

According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2585 some changes
need to be made to DirectSolrSpellChecker.

Does anybody know how to get this working?

RE: Context-Sensitive Spelling Suggestions & Collations

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com>.
The changes to DirectSpellChecker are included in SOLR-2585 patch, which I sync'ed to the current Trunk today.  So all you have to do is apply the patch, build and then add the 1-2 new parameters to your query:

- spellcheck.alternativeTermCount - the # of suggestions you want to generate on terms that were found in the index (set greater to 0).

- spellcheck.maxResultsForSuggest - the max # of query results to disable spellingcheck (normally you'd want 0 for regular spellchecking and something >0 to generate "did you mean" suggestions) ... 0 is the default.

If you do try this patch out, please let us know how it works out and also any suggestions you have for improving it.  Solr's current inability to consider fixes for words appearing in the index is to me a significant functionality gap.  I would love to see something like this eventually added to the product so any feedback you can give is appreciated.  Thanks.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
When searching for a misspelled word that is in index and a misspelled word
that isn't, the collation doesn't use the suggestion for word that is
misspelled in the index.

RE: Context-Sensitive Spelling Suggestions & Collations

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
OK, I can confirm that the spellchecker now has the correct behaviour.

Eventhough a misspelled word is found in the index, it now says it is
correctlySpelled=false and gives the proper suggestion.

Thanx a bunch!

RE: Context-Sensitive Spelling Suggestions & Collations

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com>.
You will need get the source, apply the patch and build solr for yourself.  There are some instructions at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute .  It would be great if you could try this out and provide feedback.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Are these changes present in nightly build? Or do I have to make my own
build?

Re: Context-Sensitive Spelling Suggestions & Collations

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
Cool, I will check it out.