Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/04/04 02:26:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] PMC Chair of Dubbo

Hi All,

According to [1], in the "Preparing a Charter" section, we need to
decide PMC chair.
This is previously discussed on the "[DISCUSS] Graduate Apache
Dubbo(incubating) as a Top Level Project" thread, but it looks like it
is easily ignored. Therefore I am starting a dedicated thread to
discuss this.

I personally am suggesting Ian Luo as PMC chair. Ian is leading the
Dubbo project, and has rich experience in RPC/service framework. I
think he is the best candidate.

How do others think?

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [DISCUSS] PMC Chair of Dubbo

Posted by 华 钟明 <cr...@gmail.com>.
+1 Agree!

Best Regards!
Zhongming Hua

在 2019/4/4 上午10:33,“LiZhenNet”<li...@gmail.com> 写入:

    Agree

    Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> 于2019年4月4日周四 上午10:27写道:

Posted by LiZhenNet <li...@gmail.com>.
Agree

Re:Re: [DISCUSS] PMC Chair of Dubbo

Posted by 秦金卫 <ki...@163.com>.
+1 to Ian Luo as PMC chair

Luo has rich experience in service framework and combine more and more persons in community.
It's wonderful.

在 2019-04-04 16:49:58,"徐靖峰" <ki...@foxmail.com> 写道:

Posted by 徐靖峰 <ki...@foxmail.com>.
V587, more than agree.

Posted by Yuhao Bi <bi...@apache.org>.
+1 to Ian Luo as PMC chair

Posted by Xin Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zonghai Shang <yi...@apache.org>.
+1 Ian Luo as PMC chair

Ian Luo is the founder of Apache Dubbo project and an expert in RPC. I have
communicated with him before, and I admire his accumulation in this field.

-yiji

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
From Mark's description, it looks quite a big challenge to me. In the past,
I focus more on driving this project forward from the perspective of
technique which apparent interests me very much. The most benefit I
received from this incubating practice is that I have truly believed
'community over code'. I'd like to give it a try if the board accepts the
proposal, and hope to contribute more by wearing this 'admin' hat.

Regards,
-Ian.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

I think the community has reached as consensus here.
I will continue to draft graduation resolution with Ian Luo as PMC chair.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing