Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by GABRIELLE DUVAL <du...@rogers.com> on 2019/07/10 14:08:51 UTC

OpenOffice "insert horizontal page into vertical page document"

10 steps to change a vertical page to horizontal orientation?

Weren't electronics supposed to make things better?

Wow,
Gabrielle.

Re: OpenOffice "insert horizontal page into vertical page document"

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 14:08 10/07/2019 +0000, Gabrielle Duval wrote:
>10 steps to change a vertical page to horizontal orientation?

I can do it in fewer than ten. Will that do?

Orientation is a property of page styles. So your horizontal page
needs a different page style from the other pages. You can create
your own or you could use the default Landscape page style, possibly
with your own modifications.

Now how to apply this page style to just your single page:
o At the end of the previous page, go to Insert | Manual Break... .
o Select "Page break" and select Landscape (or whatever you have
created) from the drop-down menu under Style.
o If other portrait pages need to follow your landscape page, repeat
the process with another manual page break after the landscape page,
setting the page style back to whatever it was (or another portrait style).

There: I'm not up to ten yet!

>Weren't electronics supposed to make things better?

They do. But they don't do your work for you. And you do have to
learn. Did you read "Changing page orientation within a document" and
in particular "Inserting a landscape page into a portrait document"
in Chapter 4: "Formatting Pages" of the Writer Guide (which describes
a slightly different technique)? See
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters
.

>Wow,