Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Guy Catz <Gu...@waves.com> on 2008/05/29 22:31:32 UTC

too much log for p4sync command

hey guys,

I'm running a p4sync command on a huge branch and the log is flooded
with the command's output.
is there a way of "turning the log off" for that command?

the problem is that I'm running this command from ANT, which is called
by the CC.
I've tried already calling the ANT with quiet mode, nologger, etc.
Nothing, the log is still there.

Please advice.

thanks,
    Guy.

Re: too much log for p4sync command

Posted by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Guy

check your JAVA_OPTS environment variable for presence of
java.util.logging.manager something like
set
JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
 -Djava.util.logging.config.file="%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"

find the *logging.properties and make sure you quiesce the log scan your
ENTIRE classpath with any log file thats has the format *logging.properties

e.g. here is a sample commons-logging.properties I have in $JRE_HOME/lib
#INFO is light logging but I could really bog down the server with
level=DEBUG
level= INFO

HTH
Martin