Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Johannes Elsinghorst <Jo...@gmx.net> on 2008/10/23 10:43:57 UTC

Question regarding routing and transformation

Hello,

consider the following situation:

service A sends a message to service B. The message contains some
measure, lets say temperature. Service's A data model uses degree
Celsius and service B uses Fahrenheit. Both services offer an operation
returning an description including the used unit of measure. How can we
configure servicemix and its components  to  check whether the message
contains the mesaure in the correct unit of measure and, if that is not
the case, route it first through a transformation service? Where would
this scenario fit in the Jbi-routing-mechanism?
Thanks in advance for any hints and ideas!
cheers, Johannes

Re: Question regarding routing and transformation

Posted by Johannes Elsinghorst <Jo...@gmx.net>.
Ok,
thanks for your reply! Im wondering however whether putting this
functionality in a SE the right place? Shouldn't this be considered a
core functionality of esb? As far as i understand it most of the (more
advanced) routing functionality is build upon camel. What about
production cases where the esb is deployed in a distributed manner? In
this case a simple camel routing slip would cause the messages to travel
back and forth trough the container where th camel-su is deployed. So,
can't we achieve the same functionality with core jbi functionality?

cheers, Johannes

Posted by raulvk <ra...@gmail.com>.