Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Suresh Kannan <su...@indiapages.com> on 2007/04/26 14:20:11 UTC

Search with in search results

How to extend a query type?  I need to implement search with in search results without faceted.

Suresh

Re: Search with in search results

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
Perhaps use filters?

   q=first search user entered

   q=second search&fq=first search user entered

   q=third search&fq=first search user entered&fq=second search

Right now, this will only work easily with the standard request
handler (because the fq parameter needs queries in lucene syntax).
I expect this limitation to be remedied in the future (but probably
not within the next month).

With dismax, constructing a compound query might currently be the way to go.

-Yonik

Posted by Traut <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,