Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <ma...@vertigs.lv> on 2015/06/12 09:11:46 UTC

XenServer upgrade in CloudStack environment

Hello all,

Yesterday I upgraded one of my CloudStack Cluster's which run on
XenServer. As XenServer dokumentation suggest, after applying patches,
need to restart a host, and first must be pool master server. I set
master server to maintenance mode in CS, when all instances migrated I
restarted a host. After some time I start to receive e-mails from CS,
that other hosts in cluster are down too, not only a master server. My
compute offerings are HA enabled so I receive e-mails with failed
restart attempt on HA instances. At least, when master come online CS
didn't restart any instances and I get away with just a little scare.

What is correct way to do upgrade no XenServer hosts in CloudStack
environment? Patches, like XS 6.2 SP1
<http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX139788> require to restart pool
master first.

I use ACS 4.3.2 with XenServer 6.2.

Best regards,
Martins

RE: XenServer upgrade in CloudStack environment

Posted by Sonali Jadhav <so...@servercentralen.se>.
Hi,

Has anyone managed to update/add doc for upgrading xenservers (like from 6.2 to 6.5) with pool HA configured ?

/Sonali

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.
Hi Remi,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.