Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/07 18:04:47 UTC

[ANN] Contribution of Mangen to Felix

Hi, Felix list,

Rob Walker/Ascert would like to contribute their popular 'mangen'
manifest generator to Felix.  Mangen is a tool for generating OSGi
bundle manifests.  In particular, mangen aids in the calculation of
Import-Package and Export-Package statements using java bytecode
parsing.  We will continue to maintain mangen as a standalone tool and
we will work to combine its import/export calculation component into
the Maven OSGi Plugin.  The Maven OSGi Plugin currently requires
import/export statements to be crafted by hand.

In the interests of speed, Rob has already registered grant paperwork.
 Moreover, he was made a committer with the grant of the HttpService,
so hopefully we'll process this contribution shortly.

More about mangen:

http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/mangen/OpenosgiMangen.html

Enrique

Re: JavaOne + OSGi BOF (slightly off topic)

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@xs4all.nl>.
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 17:22, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> It's all dutch to me :).  No worries.

LOL, that's what you get when you hit the reply button without thinking :)

The good news is that we will try to help Peter out here with a presentation
of our product. :)

Greetings, Marcel

Re: JavaOne + OSGi BOF (slightly off topic)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hallo Peter,
>
> We kunnen je in elk geval toezeggen dat we een aantal powerpoint
> slides sturen van onze provisioning server (L-iQ). Intern zijn we nog
> aan het overleggen of we ook een live demo kunnen geven hiervan. Reden
> waarom we over dat laatste nog even twijfelen, is dat we eigenlijk nog
> het e.e.a. aan de look & feel van de web interface willen veranderen.
> Daarnaast willen we ook goed kunnen laten zien aan de gateway kant dat
> er software op zo'n gateway staat en dat er bundles geupdate zijn.
It's all dutch to me :).  No worries.

Alex

Re: JavaOne + OSGi BOF (slightly off topic)

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Whoops, that was even more off-topic, sorry! :)

Re: JavaOne + OSGi BOF (slightly off topic)

JavaOne + OSGi BOF (slightly off topic)

Posted by Peter Kriens <Pe...@aQute.se>.
The OSGi has a BOF at JavaOne. I am looking for people that are at
JavaOne and want to demo a product, or show a poster, about an OSGi
based product.

For all others, I kindly would like to ask you to send me
2-6 powerpoint slides with any OSGi based products. This would be
HIGHLY appreciated. Please?

Forgive me if this is too much off topic, but this really contains the
right people I'd like to include ... Please react, because I do not
dare to send another message to remind you :-)

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens

Re: [ANN] Contribution of Mangen to Felix

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@xs4all.nl>.
On Friday 07 April 2006 19:17, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> This is excellent news in light of all the import/export issues with the
> strict class loading in R4, since we now need to import/export all class
> path packages. ;-)

I second that, great news!

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [ANN] Contribution of Mangen to Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
This is excellent news in light of all the import/export issues with the
strict class loading in R4, since we now need to import/export all class
path packages. ;-)

-> richard