Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Scott Jeslis <sc...@stroudwater.com> on 2005/12/09 01:50:06 UTC

Problem recompiling the 2.7 version as sdtcall...

I took the following from the Xerces user's mailing list archive
and I am now encountering this myself. Was there ever a
resolution given?

Thanks,

Scott

======================

Hi all,

I'm having a problem while trying to compile the sources for the 2.7.

Actually, I only need the XercesLib project (to generate the .lib and
.dll files) ; but I need everything to be __stdcall, and not __cdecl, as

by default.

The problem is that, even after having specified in each project that
it should use __stdcall, I get a compilation error : in
SortArray::sort(), there's a call to the qsort() function defined in
MSVC's include files stdlib.h and search.h, and the 4th parameter is
always explicitely using __cdecl !!!!

Re: Problem recompiling the 2.7 version as sdtcall...

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Scott,
if you really need to switch to __stdcall, you will have to at least
mark static int compareKeySet(const void* keyl, const void* keyr) as __cdecl.

Hope this helps,
Alberto