Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Volker Hoss <HO...@de.ibm.com> on 2007/02/26 09:49:08 UTC

JSP precompile with taglib files in a jar file

Hi,

I am using the following jspC task call in a WebSphere
build environment to validate the JSP pages:

 <jspc dir="${dir.web}" tempdir="${dir.build}/temp/jspc"
classpath="${output.jar}"/>

${dir.web} refers to a directory structure "WebContent\WEB-INF\tlds" where
my
taglib files are located. However my JSP pages also refer to taglibs
located in a jar file and I have
not found a way to specify this file to the jspC task. classpath parameter
obviously points to an output jar file.
It is not an option to extract the taglib file to the tlds directory.

Freundliche GrĂ¼sse / Kind Regards
Volker

Re: JSP precompile with taglib files in a jar file

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Volker Hoss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the following jspC task call in a WebSphere
> build environment to validate the JSP pages:
>
>  <jspc dir="${dir.web}" tempdir="${dir.build}/temp/jspc"
> classpath="${output.jar}"/>
>
> ${dir.web} refers to a directory structure "WebContent\WEB-INF\tlds" where
> my
> taglib files are located. However my JSP pages also refer to taglibs
> located in a jar file and I have
> not found a way to specify this file to the jspC task. classpath parameter
> obviously points to an output jar file.
> It is not an option to extract the taglib file to the tlds directory.

As Jan says, we prefer people to deploy raw and run tests against every
JSP page instead.

If you do have to compile the pages, use the websphere wsjspc task,
which supports classpath setup and is supported by websphere

-steve