Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2014/12/01 11:12:11 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Struts 2.3.20

The Apache Struts 2.3.20 test build is now available. With this release:
- merged security fixes from version 2.3.16.1, 2.3.16.2, 2.3.16.3
- implemented stronger random generator used to generate token's values, S2-023
- extended existing security mechanism to block access to given Java
packages and Classes, see #11 or read Internal security mechanism
- collection Parameters for RedirectResults, WW-4224
- make ParametersInterceptor supports chinese in hash key by default, WW-4250
- themes.properties can be loaded using ServletContext allows to put
template folder under WEB-INF or on classpath, WW-4260
- new tag datetextfield, WW-3493
- only valid Ognl expressions are cached, WW-4146
- customTextProvider can be used for validation errors of model driven
actions, WW-4202
- datetimepicker's label fixed, WW-4254
- PropertiesJudge removed and properties are checked in
SecurityMemberAccess, WW-4257
- resource reloading works in IBM JVM, WW-4266
- default reloading settings were removed from default.properties, WW-4267
- commons-fileupload library upgraded to version 1.3.1 to fix
potential security vulnerability, WW-4286
- the scheme attribute accepts expressions in s:url tag, WW-4024
- solves problem with infinite loop in FastByteArrayOutputStream, WW-4383
- LocalizedTextUtil supports many ClassLoaders, WW-4379
- Bill of Materials pom was introduced, WW-4326
- debug=browser|console was migrated to jQuery, WW-4322
- struts_dojo.js was fixed, WW-4349
- interface org/apache/struts2/views/TagLibrary was restored and
marked as @Depreacted, WW-4255
and many other small improvements, please see the release notes

Security bulletin:
* [https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-023]

Release notes:
* [https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.3.20]

Maven 2 staging repository:
* [https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/]

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
to help do the work.

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Struts 2.3.20

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

+1 binding

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Apache Struts 2.3.20

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[x] General Availability (GA)

Best Regards

Johannes

web: http://www.jgeppert.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/jogep

Re: [VOTE] Apache Struts 2.3.20

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Re: [VOTE] Apache Struts 2.3.20

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
+1, non binding

 [ ] Leave at test build
 [ ] Alpha
 [ ] Beta
 [X] General Availability (GA)

regards,
Christoph

Re: [VOTE] Apache Struts 2.3.20

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

+1 binding

I'm back(-ish!)

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'm extending vote period till the Apache SVN will be back - this
>> blocks the release process as I cannot publish new version of website.
>
> svn.a.o is back, we can continue! I'm also restructuring the website a
> bit ;-) I'm going to wait till evening (~ 8-9PM CET) and will close
> the vote.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz