Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by dannelidan <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 12:39:42 UTC

Swedish model

Hi!

I’m wondering if it would be possible to train a Swedish NER model for OpenNLP with data in Conll06 format.
Anyone who knows how to do that?

Daniel Lindmark

Re: Swedish model

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at our documentation for conll 2002 and 2003,
it works the same way for 2006 (but might be called conllx).

Here:
http://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.5.2-incubating/manual/opennlp.html#tools.corpora.conll.2003

The documentation is not there for it, a patch to fix that would
be very welcome.

Jörn

Re: Swedish model

Posted by Svetoslav Marinov <sv...@findwise.com>.
Yes, you can. But there are better resources for Swedish. We, at Findwise
(www.findwise.com) have trained a few Swedish models for NER.

Svetoslav