Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> on 2003/11/29 18:09:06 UTC

RE: org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericDataSource

Rajat,

I've had that type of disconnect problem using Hibernate (a product roughly
like Ibatis).  My problem was one of the DBCP settings: minIdle.  MySQL
wasn't seeing any activity on some pool connections overnight, so it was
disconnecting them.  Lowering the minIdle setting seemed to cause DBCP to
test each pool connection by performing a simple select automatically.  The
query seems to be a non-table select, along the lines of a 'select 1+1;'.
That allowed MySQL to keep each connection active and not disconnect any
overnight after being idle for hours.

Regards,
David

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Rajat,

I haven't had any problems with DBCP.  It's just that a different pool came
with Hibernate that I used in production by default.  I'm using DBCP in
testing but I always close my development computer (my desktop) down at
night so I have no comments on how DBCP works in reality.  I'm sure it's
fine in production.

Regards,
David

Posted by Rajat Pandit <ra...@centergroupinc.com>.