Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch> on 2009/10/09 18:02:58 UTC

Including dependencies with assembly plugin: Scope problem

Hi

I'm trying to include all the runtime dependencies with an assembly descriptor:

    <!-- The runtime dependencies -->
    <dependencySet>
      <useStrictFiltering>true</useStrictFiltering>
      <useProjectArtifact>false</useProjectArtifact>
      <outputDirectory>${batch.zip.library}</outputDirectory>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
      <!-- Don't distribute sources -->
      <excludes>
        <exclude>*:sources</exclude>
      </excludes>
    </dependencySet>

Now I have a dependency which in a parent POM has the scope 'test'. In my project, however, that's redefined to 'runtime'.
The problem is that it's not included in the final ZIP file, and I don't understand why.
Maven's debugging output handles the scope differently (sometimes it appears to be 'test', sometimes 'runtime') and finally filters it because it's considered 'test'.

Can someone help me?

Best regards,
Eric

AW: Including dependencies with assembly plugin: Scope problem

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
Anyone?  :-)