Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2016/04/14 03:18:09 UTC

Copyright headers.

Hi,
The ASF legal framework exists to (among other things) protect the
individual contributors from litigation. The Legal Affairs committee
concluded a long time ago that by removing both "Copyright" and "@author"
marks in the source files, the technical "effort" or "knowledge" required
to look for the actual individuals behind the code is raised, and therefor
lowers the risk to the individual.

Legal Affairs committee therefor recommends that all marks of individuals
are removed from source files. I agree with this policy, but we don't have
to change our sources now if we don't want.

Any opinions?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Copyright headers.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
ok, As people "approves it", I will start removing those people's names.

I will see if I can reach Rickard and Alin to see what they want...

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Copyright headers.

Posted by Stanislav Muhametsin <st...@zest.mail.kapsi.fi>.
On 14.4.2016 14:40, Paul Merlin wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> The ASF legal framework exists to (among other things) protect the
>> individual contributors from litigation. The Legal Affairs committee
>> concluded a long time ago that by removing both "Copyright" and "@author"
>> marks in the source files, the technical "effort" or "knowledge" required
>> to look for the actual individuals behind the code is raised, and therefor
>> lowers the risk to the individual.
>>
>> Legal Affairs committee therefor recommends that all marks of individuals
>> are removed from source files. I agree with this policy, but we don't have
>> to change our sources now if we don't want.
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Cheers
> Removing all marks of individuals from source files is fine by me.
> No strong opinion.

I'm with Paul on this one.

Re: Copyright headers.

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.