Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Kris Wolff <kr...@intra-team.de> on 2006/08/13 12:38:32 UTC

Storing resultsets into cache / reciving problems

Hi JCS-Users,

i am new to jcs and played around a few days with it. After i thought
i can manage this thing, i start to implement caches in my application.
After several "data-missing" tests, i have to rewrite all and restart
from JCS-Beginning.... So now, 3 Days later i found the issue i do
not understand.

I have a ArrayList of Results from a Database. If in the Result is a
String with 255 Charakters everything is good. I can store and recive
all information from the cache. But if there is a text-fiels (String
 > 255) i recive an empty object back from the cache. The reciving
object has the size of 1 (ArrayList), bit the object is empty. The
save with the sql with 255 String is ok:

Here is a output from my source: (working)
=== setElement 65, char
=== elementProperty obj {element_authorname=Administrator,
element_author_id=1, element_lastchange=2006-05-28 00:00:00.0,
element_id=65, element_language=deu, element_value=Schlafen - mal
ganz wissenschaftlich, element_version=1, element_state=working,
element_name=char_artikel_einfach_headline, element_colums_id=60}
=== elemKey element_authorname
=== elemKey element_author_id
=== elemKey element_lastchange
=== elemKey element_id
=== elemKey element_language
=== elemKey element_value
=== elemKey element_version
=== elemKey element_state
=== elemKey element_name
=== elemKey element_colums_id
STORE CHAR ELEMENT: char_artikel_einfach_headline

The elementProperty obj is returnd from the cache! The key is:
char_artikel_einfach_headline

Now i change one fild in the DB: VARCHAR(255) to LONGTEXT and get:

=== setElement 56, text
=== type text
=== bloc siize 1
=== elementProperty obj {}
STORE TEXT ELEMENT:

You can see: no key, a empty element.

The code is exactly a copy from above!

What didn't i get - where did i miss the point?
Do you need the code?

Thanx in advanced.
Kris